In our Critical Appraisal Summaries section you can find several cardiovascular topics that have been peer-reviewed by us. We employ a rigorous process when interpreting the rationale, methods and results of the studies analyzed. Finally, we put the new research in context with prior literature.
The summaries will appear some time after large ground-breaking science is published about a cardiovascular topic. Enter our list of topics and find the one you are interested, or just use the “Search” function on the Menu.
Oral anticoagulation in Atrial Fibrillation with CHA2DS2-VASc = 1: too much uncertainty?
Reducing cardiovascular risk in hypertension – HOPE-4 Trial
THEMIS trial: when significant is not significant
Structural Heart Disease
- TAVR in low-risk patients
- New TAVR studies: Weak design not the solution for small trials (SCOPE I and Portico IDE trials)
Percutaneous coronary interventions
- Readdressing repeat revascularization outcome in PCI vs CABG trials
- PCI vs CABG for left main disease: EXCEL Vs NOBLE (Before EXCEL 5-years)
- EXCEL 5-years: Trial-Based Vs Evidence-Based Medicine
- Complete vs culprit-only revascularization in STEMI (Before COMPLETE trial)
- Complete vs Culprit Only Revascularization after STEMI: Why do we need large trials like COMPLETE?